Description:--Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program- Skunk Works
Lockheed Martin is looking for world-class talent in Operations Analysis to join our historic Skunk Works team in Palmdale, CA. Collaborating with a team of analysts, the selected candidate will be responsible for modeling and analysis of military systems to quantify the impact of operational concepts, air vehicle design, payloads, and tactics. Analyses performed will support requirements definition, air combat effectiveness, system of system evaluation, and military utility assessment. Responsibilities will include researching and modeling military systems performance and operations; developing analytical methods and tools to facilitate analyses; executing trade studies; performing data analytics & statistical analysis; and developing effective presentations that succinctly communicate results and findings.
The team is seeking a candidate who can apply engineering techniques, analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform and improve decision-making and quantify value proposition for advanced concepts and technology applications. We need a candidate who is passionate about working on cutting-edge design concepts and technology; driven to learn and explore new areas; enjoys being part of a team and thinks strategically and creatively with proven analytical and engineering problem-solving skills. As a member of a high-performing multi-site team, the successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills as the position will require frequent interactions and collaboration with leadership, project leads, other team members, and engineers in other disciplines. The ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment is critical. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
Applicant must be a US Citizen, as position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Bachelor's or above degree from an accredited college in a related technical discipline like engineering, applied mathematics, physics, or computer science
* Scripting/programming experience (MATLAB or Perl/Python)
* Ability to obtain US security clearance
* Experience applying simulations to assess performance and/or effectiveness of systems
* Experience performing technical research, data mining and/or data analytics
* Familiarity with system engineering, trade studies, design of experiments, statistics or optimization methods
* Knowledge of military aircraft, missions, and operations
* Familiar with application of Monte-Carlo or discrete simulations; specifically Operations Analysis models (AFSIM, ESAMS, STK, or Brawler)
* Experience working on Windows or LINUX systems
* Software development or integration experience; with Java or C/C++ knowledge
* Prior intern experience
* Active Secret or Top Secret government clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, system technician, technician