At Palo Alto Networks? everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It's not a small goal. It isn't simple either, but we aren't in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we're looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn't happen by treading softly - no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed - intentionally - to stay ahead of the world's next cyberthreat.
As a Major Accounts Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers' networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks' market leading security products and services. It is business critical to meet and exceed sales quotas by building and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
Your role is one of technical guidance - working with your account manager to build integrated solutions for our client's environments. You and your account manager own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
* Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions
* Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions
* Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
* Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
* Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
* Enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model
* Create evaluation test plans with customers and lead the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
* Differentiate from industry technologies and solution
* Assist customers through the support escalation process
* Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, participate in technical communities of interest
* Identify problems in customer environments; effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels
* Effective in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
* BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
* Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
* Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
* Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or solving network infrastructure security products
* Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary
* Experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
* Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to our appliances
* Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
* Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
* Knowledge of the following modern datacenter, cloud infrastructure and technology, modern network threats and malware, networking forensics, automation and orchestration technologies, Palo Alto Networks certification, other industry certifications is preferred
* Relevant industry certifications: SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won't find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn't committed to your success - with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at ...@paloaltonetworks.com.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, server, system specialist, system technician, technician