JOB TITLE: Customer Service Associate / Clerical Support / OS&D Associate
REPORTS TO: Service Center Manager
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is always serviced first and receives the type of attention that makes them want to do business with Ward. To grow our business through customer retention while balancing costs by performing clerical duties efficiently. To support operations and sales in accordance with service center's Desired State.
Ward Trucking LLC is currently accepting applications for a Casual Customer Clerical Support Associate in anticipation of upcoming or future growth opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service Responsibilities (all apply)
- Answer telephones in accordance with Ward standards using applicable marketing greeting.
- Every morning review Report FRR333 - Non Credit Report. The report is used to look for billing errors, cash only customers and determine if a shipment can be charged
- Call all customers on Report FRR067P - DRC/COD Payments Not Picked up at Delivery informing them of our payment terms. All calls should be recorded on the freight bill.
- Serve customers by coordinating problem resolution between customers, territory sales managers, and operations personnel. Resolve problems in a timely manner, enter information in the Customer Feedback Log, communicate resolution to all parties involved and check customer satisfaction level with the way it was handled.
- Expedite and trace shipments, correct errors in freight billing, provide rate quotes as requested by customers. Coordinate expedited service when necessary through Customer Service Manager or Customer Service Supervisor.
- Direct calls on O S & D issues from customers and / or P & D drivers to the service center's O S & D Specialist or assigned back up person using guidelines provided by Customer Service Manager.
- Support service center driver / sales huddle plans as well as local business development plan.
- Process customer requests for pickups, proof of delivery, bill of lading in a timely manner.
- Provide internal customer service to personnel from other service center locations.
Clerical Support Responsibilities
- Create daily P & D driver delivery manifests with speed and accuracy so as not to delay drivers from beginning their run on time.
- Schedule delivery appointments for freight on a daily basis, properly note appointment time/date on delivery receipts and accurately and promptly enter delivery appointment information into computer.
- Order supplies for the service center keeping sufficient quantities on hand.
- Accurately perform clerical support duties as required including typing correspondence, maintaining files, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Enter delivered status on interline bills daily to show that freight was given to an interline carrier.
- Prepare stripping manifest and update bills for selected customers and / or partners.
- Proficiently assist dispatcher when necessary with computerized dispatch process.
- In a timely manner, accurately create stripping manifests for dock use to route freight to appropriate service center. Understand importance of using correct customer account number when creating stripping manifest, accuracy reflected on audit score. Understand and correctly use projected delivery date coding and customer bucket segmentation codes.
- Promptly arrive drivers, tractors and strips trailers in the computer so that equipment is ready to be re-entered for use.
- Check in P & D drivers promptly and with accuracy disseminating paperwork accordingly.
- Count, verify and place cash in safe place when checking in drivers. Attach COD checks to corresponding delivery receipt to be sent in to Altoona. Verify checks, list separately on cash report and put in safe place. Accurately prepare cash settlement sheets and bank deposit slips.
- Enter all deliveries into the computer, along with delivery exceptions, customer signature, time in and out, and amount of money collected.
- Fax bills to Central Billing Department on a timely basis and be available to answer questions that central billers may have about bills.
- Accurately create billing for locals, specialty bills, and those that cannot be faxed for various reasons so that they are done early enough for dock workers to handle.
- Copy bills of lading for Revenue Accounting as needed and send them in daily so that customers can be billed promptly with the documentation they require.
- Prepare linehaul manifests to dispatch linehaul drivers. All linehaul driver envelopes are to include: trailer number, Pro number of one shipment on the trailer, road driver's name, tractor number, seal number, weight, driving (route) instructions and any hazardous placards that may be required (if applicable). All linehaul driver envelopes should contain a copy of the stacking report, road manifest (if available) and any packing slips that accompany shipments on the trailer.
- Demonstrate personal reliability by consistently meeting attendance / punctuality commitments.
- Cooperates with others and willingly puts forth effort to achieve Company goals. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with other team members.
O S & D Accountabilities:
- Daily checks all stripping manifests from previous day for any overages or shortages.
- If over or short, does a freight bill inquiry for any exceptions posted at the
destination service center.
- Checks original bill of lading to verify number of pieces shipped.
- If short, calls shipper to see if freight was left on shipper's dock.
- If over, calls shipper for corrected bill of lading.
- Daily enters correct codes for pickup exceptions from the previous day in Truck Check Entry screen of computer.
- Daily clears all O S & D freight brought back by the drivers the previous day. All freight put in designated O S & D area and labeled either as \"Over Freight\" using white label or as \"Driver Return\" using green label
- Accurately complete Daily Dock Checks and confer with dock supervisors regarding any distressed freight. Research of unidentified freight.
- Daily checks inbound road manifests for exceptions. Clears all exceptions, misloaded freight, etc.
- Posts daily Truck Check Entry by 11:00 AM.
- Checks delivery receipts from the previous day for notations.
- If over / short, calls consignee for description of freight.
- Clarifies any vague notations on delivery receipts with P & D driver.
- Investigates all high value shortages of $200.00 or more immediately.
- Daily contacts shippers for disposition of refused freight. Issues On Hand forms for shipments with no resolution available and copies to Claim Department.
- Arranges third party inspections for damaged refusals estimated or stated to be valued at $200.00 or more.
- Daily reviews the \"late shipment\" and \"clears\" accordingly.
- Daily reviews the \"no freight\" report and \"clears\" accordingly.
- Issues APB's for missing freight and to identify mystery freight.
- Reviews daily PCIR report and clears or reviews service center failures. Reports to manager on accurate and inaccurate findings from report.
- Cut free astrays, revenue bills, salvage bills, dump bills as needed to complete shipments.
- Enter weekly dock checks for freight with no resolution.
- Notifies Safety Department for damaged freight of a hazardous nature which may need professional removal.
- Enter notes in system of steps taken on distressed shipment issues.
- Forward information on claim related issues to manager for use in identifying employee and customer issues and meeds for use in action steps and meetings.
- Communicate daily with P & D drivers reporting overages, shortages, damage. Note information from driver accordingly in O S & D log and assign O S & D log number to driver for notation on delivery receipt in question.
- Supports Claim Prevention processes and special projects accordingly.
- Orders and maintains sufficient supply of all colored O S & D labels and make them easily accessible to driver and dock personnel.
Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer experience. Support would include adherence to training programs, guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
- Must be customer focused with good people skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and basic knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Must have previous clerical experience in a business atmosphere.
- Proficient data entry skills with attention to detail.
- Previous experience in the motor carrier industry is desirable.
- Ability to work required hours (night shift, overtime if applicable) and travel if necessary.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.